This recipe for mealworm fried rice is a quick and easy way to incorporate protein-rich mealworms into your diet.
- 200 g cooked rice
- 50 g mealworms
- 50 g onions
- 50 g carrots
- 50 g paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- salt, pepper
- Dice the onion, carrot and bell pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the mealworms and fry until crispy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the chopped vegetables with the crushed garlic.
- After a few minutes (when everything is soft) add the cooked rice and soy sauce.
- Fry until everything is combined.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Other tips for this recipe include using cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight so that it doesn't get too sticky and clumpy during frying. You can also experiment with different vegetables and spices to customize the dish to your liking.