Do you love sweets? Then you should try the popular chocolate dessert a little differently. Bake a healthy alternative to brownies. Our recipe is not only made with chocolate, but also with high quality cricket flour and beetroot! Don't worry at all, the beet flavour will be lost in the dessert, so you can enjoy brownies exactly as you know them. With our recipe you are guaranteed to be a hit with your friends. We wish you a good taste!
- 200 g 80% chocolate
- 3/4 cup semi-coarse (wholemeal) flour
- 30 g cricket flour
- 1 larger or 2 smaller boiled beetroot
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa
- 50 g chicory syrup
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 2 whole eggs
- a pinch of soda and salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a small baking tray.
- First, grate the beetroot finely and melt the dark chocolate in a water bath.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the chicory syrup. Add the chocolate, oil and mix. Stir in all the dry ingredients, stir in the beetroot and work into the batter (you can stir in additional chopped dark chocolate).
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for about 30-35 minutes.